The type of pre-treatment device required is dependent on the nature of the activity and the volume and strength of the liquid trade waste it discharges.
Typical pre-treatment devices used for the treatment of liquid trade waste include, but are not necessarily limited to the following.
- Grease arrestor (grease trap),
- Basket arrestor with fixed screens,
- Fixed or removable screens,
- Coalescing plate interceptor (CPI oil separator),
- Vertical gravity separator (VGS separator),
- Hydrocyclone separation system (HSS separator),
- Cooling pit,
- Balancing, averaging, neutralising pit/tank,
- Solids settlement pit / silt arrestor, and
- Plaster arrestor.
Shoalhaven Water’s pre-treatment requirements are in accordance with the Liquid Trade Waste Regulation Guidelines, 2009 and Liquid Trade Waste Policy.